Thursday, September 08, 2005

MODEL CITIZEN

I have had many different jobs, mostly mini-careers, but invention is the core of my favorites. Sometimes I need a unique tool, or a part, or teqniquq {tek-ne-que}, so I invent it.

Better than finding out how things work: improving how is better. I would see a need in a repair or maintainence problem, tell the business owner or boss, design and fix it. Sometimes it costs more in the immediacy, but generally long-term, either lower cost or finer operation resulted.

But business people have a crudity, pronounced how you like it, that is the opposite of foresighted wisdom. Too much power weakens a peasant mind. Don't expect ethics often. Expect selfish exploitation from the Golden Rule, The Man with the Gold Rules. No matter if the arrogant klutz has mental illness overriding logic.

So I would invent, work hard, find parts, work more, come in smiling: either no, we changed our minds (?), or I'll pay tomorrow (never), or just theft with a moral excuse.

Lots of the time the invention includes theif proofing. That is what makes software very expensive, but most consumers would be too lazy to steal product intellectual property if only the purchase price were fair.

I finally sued a jerk who would not pay for simple, good plumbing work. Before the judgement could be collected, (I WON!), another creditor shot him dead.

I needed a part-time job where I walked in, made people glad to get my service, pay me, and everybody smiled.

Driving south on a wide street, I remembered that JP, my old roomate, had been a model in art school. I looked in the rearview mirror, and said to myself, "I can do that!" At the next light I turned left and applied at the local art league.

It took about four months, but the day I worked in front of fourteen ladies nekkid changed the way I looked at everything.

In the first place, the pain in military school and Army could be used to tolerate the pain models endure. Ain't easy.

Creative--you can't just molt. Ya gotta keep 'em guessin'. I will even stand on my head.

Appreciation. I feel like a teacher's aid, if not aide. I learn what and how they teach, then anticipate. If I see a student need, they get it. I help, and I do extra, sometimes working into a sweat in the warmups. Shy first-timers usually learn that there is nothing to worry about: art is good and good for you. Nude people are astounding objects, not what you think. It is the most honest job I can find. Teaching while learning.

How could the Prex Select Bush do it? Couldn't. Ain't honest.

So I found real appriciation for what I do. Often I get quiet Thank Yous from the students. They mean it.

I don't always do as well as I want. When that happens I try to adjust and do better. After the first few months of modeling I began to draw....then I could see things even better. You would think its simple to listen to some of the best teachers around and just go apply it. Not until you practice will you apply it. You actually have to teach yourself, classes just shorten the process.

Modeling is like acting, but not having to learn lines.

-30-bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home