Sunday, September 04, 2005

STREET TALK

The other day I told a guy that Bush had cut the Corp of Engineers levee repair budget, and he said that somebody musta stole the money, cause they are always indicted for corruption in Louisiana.

I said, no, that the congress had appropriated the money to rebuild the levees, and that in 2002 Bush & Co had cut it and used it to blow up Ireq.

Bush would never do that---he wuz the only one who had ever spent a dime on the levees---and who could have predicted it, tha last hurricane to hit N' Orins was in 1940! He said that, I mean he made it up on the spot.

It was a depressing exhibition of ignorance, pure ignurnse. Before it was over, he even claimed Rush Limbaugh was'nt fat or ignorant or a druggie.

I said I had battled like this since George Wallace ran for president, before he found out they didn't allow biggots in the Democratic Party.

This guy didn't know he had switched, so I said all the best biggots had, and named afew of his heroes.

Another guy allowed that O'Reily was smarter 'cause he's Irish, and it made us laugh. A customer said youcan't tell these Republicans anything.

I get it: history began TT, Twin Towers, 11 SEP 01.

The Army only does two things right: write the date and tell time, so I use it.

-30-bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home