Saturday, August 12, 2006

INHALE AND EXHALE

ELEPHANT SAFARI: hunting with a mouse-trap

Tonight I was at a reunion of a few high school friends when I made reference to this bloggy place, hoping to open thought, maybe debate.

I only want to make people think objectively--a little of the inverse of the hair of the dog that bit you.

Thirty years ago or more I discovered RADIAL PLY TIRES. I was ridiculed. I advocated seatbelts before Ralph Nader. Laughed at for it. I had Electronic Ignition when you had to buy and build and install a kit modification. Ridiculed. Disc brakes and silicone break fluid and four-wheel disc brakes and I drove a real SAAB before GM ran it down. I said GM meant "Junk Machinery", and they can't spell, either. People thought I was radical.

Today I recommend nitrogen tire inflation and outlawing war on the entire planet, and outlawing capital punishment except for those public servants who start or advocate actions killing civilians with public resources.

Would that in twenty or thirty years I would feel normal, like with life-saving radial tires filled with nitrogen.

Life should be so long.

-30-bobby

1 Comments:

Blogger REDELEPHANT said...

Right now I am looking at the economy of the US and the world, and it is a low portrait.

If I was Dorian Gray the canvas would be shriveled.

War is what keeps humanity in the gutter, paying for it and fighting it.

Forty percent increase in poppy crop in Afghanistan.

Reduction in EPA enforcement, Texas coal fired electricity plants being fast tracked and education in the Fahrenheit 451 library.

Get a life: end war for profit.

August 17, 2006 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home