Thursday, December 08, 2005

I SAVE YOUR BACON WITHOUT BEING PIGGY

I AM A FIXER.

A fixer is a person who can fix stuff, but in my case not like Tom DeLay, who fixes races; not horse races, though.

In my case, lets say I am at your house and your kitchen light won't light: I'll ask questions, get out my tool belt and voltmeter, and find out why. Most of the time the problem is loose wire, broken something or an incorrect installation. If we need some part, it is either at the local store, I happen to have it or know where to get it or a better substitute.

What if the computer can't go on line, the printer is out of ink or you need a wireless network: fine, I'm a fixer.

Washing machine? Dryer, water heater, your car makes a noise or won't start?

The front door has one key and there are three for the rest of the house: we just tell Bobby to rekey or set up a masterkey system so that you have one key and others have keys for restricted access. Good. The more important you are, the fewer keys you have.

Telephone systems or DSL or rewire the whole house for both or network-no problem. Stereo, radio or intercom is the same to me.

My '86 Aerostar van had a rusty place under the back window: it now has an aluminum riveted patch, like on an airplane. Its OK: I'm a pilot.

When the cold snap passes, I'll finish the front-end bushings and new shocks.

I built a fence in Clear Lake. It has a steel framed gate, Hardy Panel surface.

I have a few band and model risers, and once built one that could be collapsed for storage or transport.

When I see a problem, visions of solutions pop into my head.

It is a gift, and I do it every day in Houston.


-30-bobbyLink

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home