Friday, November 11, 2005

THE ARTERY

IN HOUSTON THERE IS THE ARTERY

Nowhere else but here is the place where art covers the ground, the trees, the walks, walls and wayward artist. He is greeted by the master of arts, master of light, dimension and communication. He, that is, i am greeted with importance because I truly am appreciated for my own underachieving self.

At The Artery we get to refuge away. Here we are captured in a net, voluntarily schooling to swim out again, recharging and being recharged. Mark is the fisherman, casting and casting back, reschooling the novice and jaded, too.

Mark did not teach me to draw: he taught me that I could draw.

On Wednesdays I go there when I can. I get to practice and brag on myself and sometimes model. I suspect i shock a little, too. Yet they let me just practice there, maybe 'till I get it, or they get it. But it is the allowed home.

Out of the quiet brilliance of Mark Larsen, Houston is the recipient of The Artery.

-30-bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home