Thursday, December 01, 2005

PAINTED TUESDAYS

IN HOUSTON, WE DO LIFE DRAWING IN PERSON, IN THE NATURAL WAY

There is a place on Westheimer called Helios, near Taft, where we can go draw nice models in close to nude Victoria's Secret things while sipping on a cool one.

It happens on Tuesdays at about 9 'till closing in the upstairs venue. Thuy Linh is the hostess and organizer, aided by her sisters and parents, abetted by a host of really good models, her band, and me, Bobby.

There is a cover, and for a bit more, a buffet prepared by the sisters for the occasion.

Live music on the stage is coordinated with the poses so that the drawings pace themselves beautifully. Single, dual, and multiple model poses are timed at 5 to 10 minutes or more, and I've seen some great art and gestural pieces from them.

It has been in operation for four weeks, and the last two were full house, so I know it will be a popular art hangout for as long as Thuy Linh sings, models, and hosts the Painted Tuesdays with her group and troupe.

I have enjoyed modeling with the girls. They are great together. This last Tuesday I did nice work with Lisa, who is a natural and demure young lady. We made a good team. I won't list the rest, because you have to see to believe, anyway. Suffice it to say that I draw on my downtime.

That's the news from here, Chet...

-30-bobby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home