Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ART GIANT

LUIS JIMENEZ

Yesterday Luis Jimenez died doing what he loved to do. He was working on art in his studio.

He taught and helped everyone who asked. He worked and created art and artists with zeal.

He helped me and I will miss his help and his presence at UH in the spring.
No person who finished his premier life drawing class will ever be the same because they were taught to work outside their comfort zone-or else. He showed up from New Mexico at 11 on Wednesdays and taught six hours of intense life drawing to beginners and graduates alike.

He trusted me for years to arrange for models and to be his model. He was modest about his stature and talked directly and frankly to everyone. He did not slack off or allow slackers off. He was a great person and a powerful teacher.

Mr Luis Jimenez. Thank you.

-30-bobby

1 Comments:

Blogger kathkell said...

I totally agree. Luis' class altered my perspective of who I am. My life will be forever changed due to his quiet influence.
Kathy Kelley

July 02, 2006 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home