Thursday, May 11, 2006

Elephant Safari

I'M NOT BRAGGING IF IT IS TRUE

Rice University has a Continuing Education program where people sign up for classes, like Life Drawing, and they need models for such classes. The teacher was refered to me to arrange for an intense week of models, book-ended and backed up by me.

I got the first five-hour set on Sunday, and the last the next Saturday. Sunday was a good lady named Jill Ann Jack, I swear, and she had Tuesday, too. Wednesday was supposed to be Thuy Linh, who double-booked and I had to back her up. They liked me fine, then on Thursday, a guy named Jon made them happy.

Now, the whole time I had lobbied for a double model set, which the CE honchos did not have in the budget. So, since I had modeled with a nice lady from Chicago at the Painted Tuesdays sessions, once, and since we (she) had literally blown them out of the water, I got her to agree to come in for at least the first part of Saturday, hoping the class would bite and chip in to pay her fee. The teacher was nervous, but OK. We blew them away.

This lady was from India, origionally; dark and slight and beautiful and intelligent. One-third my age. We both model flat out, no restraint. They loved it so much that at the lunch break they took up a $10 each contribution to pay for her day. The teacher was surprised when he returned.

We were old, young; light, dark; boy, girl; beauty and beast; we were yeng-yang, and posed accordingly.

No one had ever seen the like.

Me, either.

Our last pose, for example, was facing dual fetal poses.

She will be at the Artery 8-9 on the 17th.

So will a lot of other artists.

1 Comments:

Blogger REDELEPHANT said...

!...but you are the beauty and humorous,too!

June 02, 2006 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home